Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Zephyr Cove

Last week I finished my Zephyr Cove.  After a quick bath and blocking, it was ready for the weekend trip to Vermont.


This design has three sections and is finished with a lace border.  


Zephyr Cove moved right along.  As soon as I tired of one section, it was time to shift gears and move on to the next one - from solid garter to stripes to short rows.


Throw in a picot edge and you have an entertaining project.


This asymmetrical shawl has an overall crescent shape, so it stays in place without a lot of fuss.  

The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Bertha, colorways Bee Hive and Slate.  Both of these have been available only at shows but will be posted to the website soon.


This shawl is substantially long from tip to tip.  Bertha is a soft yarn with plenty of drape, so it doesn't feel heavy or cumbersome.

I made one slight modification.


I added the whimsical owl bead to the tip of the Bee Hive section.

1 comment:

MicheleinMaine said...

Sweet! I love this color combination!