Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Task at Hand

My teenagers have no sense of time.  They are ready to leave for an event 10 minutes before it starts even though I've told them we need to allow at least 30 minutes for traffic and parking.  For some reason, they think I can miraculously whisk them away and get them to their destination on time.  It never happens.  By the end of the drive, I've turned into a crabby cab driver.

Last weekend my daughter handed me this skein with instructions that she wanted me to make her a cowl.  She was even kind enough to point me in the direction of the pattern.


I explained that she chose lovely yarn, but the pattern calls for a different weight.  She gave me her vote of confidence with, "I'm sure you can figure it out."

So that's what I'm doing today . . . calculating and recalculating the gauge and stitch count to make it all work.  The time frame for this little project?  Just over two weeks because, of course, my daughter wants this cowl for her birthday.  I definitely need more coffee.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Huh - maybe next time she should figure out the gauge? You're a terrific Mom for doing this for her!