Monday, November 25, 2013

It's a Wrap

I spent the weekend at Green Mountain Fiber Festival, and for me, the fall fiber festival season is now officially over.  Not only did I completely empty my suitcase, I packed it away.  It needs a rest.

This event was held at the Wilder Center, an old church that's been restored and converted into a multi-purpose facility.



The main auditorium space used to be the sanctuary and still has a beautiful pipe organ.  I would have been delighted to listen to organ music, but I don't think we had an organist among us.

The weekend market included an eclectic mix of fiber artists.



There were beautiful buttons made with embroidery cotton and yarn.



Handsome baskets.



Colorful hooked rugs.

Mix in a healthy dose of yarn and fiber, and you have a well-rounded fiber festival.

To top it off, I stayed at the Hotel Coolidge.




This historic hotel dates back to the booming railroad days.



The hallways are wide, the railings are substantial, and there's a real fireplace in the lobby.  



Even the creaky floors are charming.  

After staying in numerous cookie-cutter hotels, this was a real treat.  If you ever need a place to stay in White River Junction, be sure to check out the Hotel Coolidge.

And now it's time to shift gears.  To help with the transition, I think I'll do a little dyeing.

No comments: