Wednesday, November 6, 2013

All Natural

Since I have a couple weeks before I hit the road again, I've taken a little time to sift and sort through some of the fiber festival chaos. There are bins and bags and boxes.  Some of them are organized, some are a random mix of this and that.

I was happy to discover a couple bags with my purchases from the fall tour.  This time of year I'm surrounded by wool week in and week out. There are some gorgeous yarns out there on the fiber festival circuit, but the reality is I don't actually buy that much.  I try to take a quick walk through at each event, but sometimes even that isn't possible.  If nothing else, it helps keep my spending in check.

I did manage to pick up a few skeins along the way, and I noticed a pattern.


All of them are natural colored.  Nothing flashy.  Pure, simple wool.  I consider it a good balance to all the color I'm bombarded with.  

I have a little breather between shows.  That can only mean it's time to start a new project or three.  I've had a request for mittens, and some of this yarn is designated for that.  Now that I think of it, I could use a new pair myself.  

No comments: