Monday, November 18, 2013

From Trash to Treasures

I've been catching up on domestic duties.  It seems that I let a few things slide this fall.  The fact that I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner next week is a strong motivator to get my house in order.  

This past weekend I found myself sifting and sorting through a bin of miscellaneous items that had accumulated over time . . . a random collection of this and that.  Each and every item had to either find a new home or end up in the trash.  I was determined to empty the bin.

I threw away a fair amount, rescued a couple useful items and gathered clothes to give away.  Tossing unwanted things always feels so liberating.  I should probably do it more often.  In the process I discovered a couple treasures.  


I salvaged these adorable little buttons from a sweater that couldn't be saved.  I don't have anything in mind for them right now, so they'll go into my button box.  Some day these will come in handy.

At the very bottom of the bin I found this little bead.


My daughter says I bought the owl at a fiber festival, but I don't know how he landed in the bin.  He seems quite content on my Zephyr Cove.  I might have to find a way to make him a permanent fixture on the shawl.

If you're in the Boston area, on Wednesday night I'll be at Bead + Fiber in the South End for a yarn tasting.  It promises to be a fun evening.

1 comment:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Your yarns are beautiful and those little buttons are adorable. They would give me incentive enough to knit something new.