Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Predictions

One thing I've learned about the retail end of this business is that it's impossible to predict what will sell well.  Every once in a while I have a hunch that is right on, but for the most part I've given up trying to guess what will move.  

Colorways that I love might not be bestsellers. Unsuspecting patterns catch on like wildfire.  There are always trends, but it's hard to make concrete predictions.  Some days I think it would be nice to look into a crystal ball, but in the end it always seems to balance out.

One thing I do know with certainty is my schedule for the rest of the fall.  If you're headed to Fiber Festival of New England this coming weekend, I'll be in booth 432 / 433 East.  Later in November I'm back in Vermont for the Green Mountain Fiber Festival.  The festival season is winding down, but there's still plenty of fiber fun to be had in New England.

And now I'm off to wind yarn and make some educated guesses.

1 comment:

MicheleinMaine said...

Have a great time! It was so fun to see you in NY! (I finally have all the cc's processed, ugh).