Friday, October 25, 2013

Percolating

All week I've let my mind wander, and ideas for new projects have been percolating.  One of them is taking shape.

This color combination has been tugging at me like a little toddler pulling on my hand, and I finally gave in.  Bertha Bee Hive and Slate, in case you're wondering.


I'm heading off for a few days on a little adventure and felt the occasion called for a new project . . . a traveling companion for Miss Winkle.  My travel includes some designated knitting time, and I intend to make the most of it.

The other day a friend pointed out that October is all but over.  I don't know how that happened, but I feel like I lost a month in the fall fiber frenzy.  Many of the trees are bare, but I'm making a conscious effort to savor the last of the colors.  This tree is still fully clothed and is my color inspiration for the week.


Blazing red.

No comments: