Friday, October 11, 2013

Fueled by Coffee

Rhinebeck is one week away, and I'm in the thick of preparations.  I rely heavily on lists.  There's a list for yarn that has to be dyed.  The list is still long but not as long as I expected it to be going into this weekend.  It's nice to know that some of my early preparation is paying off.  

There's a list for kits - yarn, patterns, inserts, bags.  There's a list for random important items - paperwork (taxes, insurance), camera, power cords, chargers, duct tape.  Always duct tape.  It has saved me more than once.


It never fails that when I sit down to add one item to a list, I think of half a dozen other things that need to be included.  There's always plenty of coffee, and you'll notice a wee bit of knitting that I keep close.  Maybe I can squeeze in a round or two.

I admit that my mind does wander.  What will I work on when this festival frenzy is over?  There are color combinations that are calling my name and a long list of pattern options.

And embroidery.  A couple weeks ago I was discussing embroidery with someone, and now I'm pondering the possibilities.  I embroidered my share of samplers and pillow cases back in the day, but now I want to combine it with knitting.  I was browsing, and Lene Alve's Kaamos Mittens caught my eye.  By the way, if you're looking for a healthy dose of inspiration, be sure to check out Lene's blog.  I would love to dive into any number of new projects, but for now the ideas will have to percolate.

Our farmers' market is starting to wind down for the season, but I still find new and interesting things.  This week one of the farmers had large stalks from a flowering bush.


The name of the plant escapes me, but the bottom part of the stalks remind me of rhubarb.

My color inspiration for the week.


Shades of wine.

If you're in New England, enjoy the foliage this holiday weekend.  For those of you north of the border, a Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: