Tuesday, October 8, 2013

From The Adirondacks

I'm on the run this morning as I try to get the work of two days rolled into one, but I want to share a quick recap of the weekend at So. Adirondack Fiber Festival.

Torrential rains on Friday gave way to overcast skies and showers on Saturday and Sunday, but the weather didn't keep people away.


So. Adirondack Fiber Festival is only five years old, but it's growing by leaps and bounds.  The people who run this event are pleasant, helpful and all around nice.  The grounds crew go above and beyond the call of duty.  From a leaky roof to a broken down truck, they do it all.

Just down the aisle from my booth was F'enomenal Felt and the work of Linda Van Alstyne.  Sorry, but the link I have for her is a dud.


Linda makes beautiful, creative felt objects.

All weekend long she was running a felt making demo in her booth.


I saw people lined up, taking turns, shaping wool.

I didn't get in on the felt making fun, but I did take a few minutes on Sunday to check out Linda's creations.


Inspiring works of art.


Perfect for the season.

I came home with cider donuts and fudge for the family . . . 


 . . . and plenty of ideas and inspiration for myself.  

I haven't forgotten about the pattern giveaway.  I'll announce the winner in tomorrow's post.

No comments: