Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Charity Knitting And More

I lost this past Monday to travel, so the week is moving along at breakneck speed.  For today I don't have pictures of knitting or colors, but I do have a couple updates to share.

It must be the time of year, but several days ago I was thinking about charity knitting and how I don't have as much time for it as I used to. One thing led to another and before long I was feeling more than a little guilty about the charity knitting I'm not doing.  My time is tight these days and my knitting time even more so.  I was contemplating a mindless project to be left in the car . . . one that I could work on while waiting at endless red lights.

Before I got that car project situated, I heard about a unique campaign being run by Caribou Coffee to generate scarves for cancer patients.   Every time #CaribouKnits is used on Facebook or Twitter, an employee at Caribou Coffee will use a knitting machine to knit an inch. Forty tweets of the #CaribouKnits hashtag will generate a complete scarf.

I'll still try to do my own knitting for charity, but it's nice to know I can contribute to charity knitting in other ways, too.

On another note . . . if you're in the Boston area, this coming weekend is the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl.  I know.  This time of year the calendar is full of fiber events in the Northeast. 

Starting on Friday, fifteen shops in the Boston area will feature trunk shows, demonstrations, giveaways - all manner of fiber fun.  Don't forget about the yarn shops in the midst of this fiber festival season. Spread your fiber dollars around and buy local.  

No comments: