Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Across the Border and Back

This is the third and final week for Monday travel days.  While I do love traveling, I'm ready for my normal weekly routine.  Today has to be a dual-purpose day for both Monday and Tuesday.  I'm bracing myself for a long one.

Last week I trekked across the Canadian border again.


Life is a balancing act, and the trip was a combination of work and play.  


The CN Tower.


Yes, I went up.  No, I didn't get sick.  A ride to the top was my daughter's idea.  In all fairness, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Since I'm a baseball fan . . . 


The obligatory ballpark shot.

I have fond memories of growing up with Hudson's Bay point blankets. They speak of winter, cold nights and snuggling under the covers.


I see a new project in my future.

As if traveling with teens wasn't challenging enough, I ran into a bit of a knitting crisis.  Once we were settled in for our stay in Toronto, I pulled out my knitting only to discover I didn't have the needles I was sure I had packed.  I turned everything inside out and upside down. The needles I needed to start my project were nowhere to be found.


Like any good knitter, I rose to the occasion.  I went in search of needles and found some.

The new project is up and running.


Zephyr Cove.  

After I had worked a few rows of this project, I realized it's very similar in construction to another one in the works - Miss Winkle.  Both are asymmetrical, garter stitch shawls.  At least I'm consistent.

We made a quick stop at Niagara Falls on the way home.


It's easy to lose track of time when you're traveling.  Just like that, it's Tuesday . . . time to get back to work.

No comments: