Friday, August 5, 2016

The Banana Socks

After a topsy-turvy week, it feels good to land on Friday with a finished pair of socks.


Dehnungsfuge.  Or, as I like to call them, the banana socks.  Curved shape, yellow color . . . it seemed the logical choice for a nickname.

I thoroughly enjoyed this pattern with its crazy combination of vertical and horizontal ribbing.  I usually make a couple modifications, but this time I followed the directions exactly.  I made the short row heel instead of my favorite heel flap.  I used the suggested shadow wraps instead of my preferred German short rows.

Some time ago I made Treppenviertel by the same designer, and this pattern was equally entertaining.


The yarn is Lucia, colorway Mustard Seed.  These socks will brighten a gray winter day.

This week we made our annual pilgrimage to pick blueberries.  The drought has taken its toll, and the berries weren't nearly as plentiful as some years.  In spite of the heat we've had, there are still berries that need to ripen.  This week's color inspiration . . . 


Almost white.

No comments: