Wednesday, August 10, 2016

More Magic

Knitting is a very old craft comprised of just a few techniques - cast on, knit, purl, increase, decrease, bind off.  On the surface there's not a lot to it, but once you start digging a little deeper, it gets interesting.  I find it fascinating that people are still creating new and interesting methods for these basic knitting skills.

For instance last night at knit night, one of my knitting buddies mentioned combining Judy's Magic Cast On with the tubular cast on. She had read about it in the latest issue of Knitty.  We chatted about it a little.  My mind was busy sorting out the mechanics of it, and I was very intrigued.

I must have had a dream about this cast on.  This morning as I was savoring my first cup of coffee, I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I ditched my morning to-do list and instead pulled up the Knitty article.  

I gave this new and improved tubular cast on a test run.  It works like a charm, and it can be used for both flat and circular projects.  


Magic all around.  Now I need a new project where I can put it to good use.

No comments: