Wednesday, August 17, 2016

In the Early Morning . . .

Last week I was working on my Ysabel and found myself faced with a game of yarn chicken.  I decided to play and gave it a good shot, but in the end the yarn won.  I was forced to crack open another skein so I could finish 1 row.  I consoled myself with the fact that it was over 400 stitches, but it was still 1 row.  You win some, you lose some.

This morning my day started ridiculously early with airport shuttle duties.  I'm always amazed at how many people are out and about before 5:00 a.m.  

When I got home, I was too wide awake to go back to bed, so I found myself sitting at my desk in the dim morning light.  I was clutching my coffee and staring into space when my gaze landed on the almost-full skein of yarn.  In the back of my mind I recalled a hat that I owe my son.  Without even a full cup of coffee under my belt, I put the two together and cast on.


Apparently I was feeling adventurous in my sleep deprived stupor.  I experimented with a new cast on.  I'm not sure I like it, so I'll work a couple more rounds and drink some more coffee before I make a final decision.  Putting that extra skein to good use definitely takes the sting out of losing at yarn chicken.

No comments: