Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Treppenviertel

Winter has taken its toll on my handknit socks, and my collection is looking a little depleted.  Two different pairs both had a sock go missing.  I imagine the AWOL socks having an affair somewhere, so I paired up the orphans so they wouldn't be lonely.  Another pair was so full of holes that I finally had to toss it.  

It was time for me to crank out a new pair of socks.



Treppenviertel.  Socks that stand on their own.  These socks remind me of some sort of underwater footgear.

They may look odd, but they fit like a dream.



Vertical ribbing down the leg combined with horizontal ribbing across the foot makes an elastic sock that hugs the foot.  The fabric is cushy, comfortable and cozy.

Yes, the leg of the left sock appears to be more heavily variegated.  I used a skein of yarn destined for the seconds pile.  I'm sure it won't affect the wear, and I was happy to put the yarn to good use.



Dirty Water DyeWorks Lucia, colorway Dusk.

And now I have to cast on another sock project.  I'm trying to stay ahead of the game.

2 comments:

Pat's here said...

Those are fabulous! I'm going to make a pair.

Taos Sunflower said...

Wow...thanks for the link to those socks.