Monday, August 22, 2016

Slipping Away

Every year about this time I get the feeling that summer is passing me by, and then I try to play a quick game of catch-up.  For the next week or so, I'm going to cram in as many summertime activities as I can.  I'm mixing the summer fun with my regular work routine, so there's a bit of juggling involved.

I got the ball rolling yesterday with my two daughters when we went on a little adventure.  We braved the traffic and headed north to play on the rocks.  


This has become an annual trek, and it was good for the soul.

On the way home we made a stop for dinner.


Since I was driving, I seized the opportunity for a little knitting break.

As luck would have it, we had a male waiter.  I've learned that one of the advantages of dining out with my attractive young daughters is the male waiters are always very attentive.  We had a delicious dinner, lively conversation and excellent service.

I don't know what the rest of the week will bring, but this outing was a summer success.  

No comments: