Friday, June 14, 2013

Yarn Knot

I'm sorry to say I don't have much in the way of knitting to share. What started out as a minor sore throat on Tuesday had me parked on the couch most of Thursday.  Now sometimes being under the weather is manageable.  It can be a good excuse to take it easy, put your feet up and knit a few more rows.  And sometimes it isn't an excuse for extra knitting time.

I've come to gauge my degree of sickness by my ability - or inability - to knit through it.  Since I haven't been able to pick up my knitting for the last couple days, this bout of summer crud is the sickest I've been in a long, long time.  Whatever this bug is, it's spreading quickly through the household.  My son complained of a sore throat last night and was in bed by 10:00.  That's a record for this house full of teenagers.

Today I feel I might have turned the corner.  I'll see how the day progresses.  Since I don't have much knitting progress to report, I thought I'd share my latest brainstorm.


Yarn Knot is a quarterly subscription I'm offering.  Over the year we'll sample a variety of yarn blends and a mix of patterns all with an array of different colorways.  There will also be a KAL happening over on Ravelry.  Follow the link for more details.  It promises to be a fun adventure.

Our dry spring has flipped into a rainy season.  In fact today there are flood warnings.  In between the showers I've managed to take a few pictures, including my color inspiration for the week.


Purple with yellow flecks.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Feel better soon, Steph. We had 4 kids out sick yesterday, and apparently strep is going around again!