Friday, June 7, 2013

Pendulum

There's a certain feeling of satisfaction when you finish a project and block it without delay. 


Pendulum.

I'm often guilty of letting a project linger before I block it.  Sometimes there's even a to-be-blocked pile.


This time around there was a little extra motivation for blocking.  The Squam Spring Art Fair is tomorrow, and Pendulum is going to travel with me.  By the way if you're in the area, the Spring Art Fair is open to the public.

This design is simple yet entertaining - glorious garter combined with short rows and stripes. Hours of effortless knitting.


The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Lillian, colorways Gooseberry and Wheat.  I tweaked the pattern and made this one a little bigger.  I'm still in love with German short rows and used that method again.

The finished shawl has wonderful drape.  Pendulum is practical yet has some pizazz.  I'm sure this will get a lot of wear.

I must confess I couldn't resist considering other options.


Different color combinations for different looks . . . I could be on the brink of trouble.

This time of year colors come and colors go.  My color inspiration for the week.


Soft white on ivory.

No comments: