Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hidden Gems

Being sick is not fun but after some concentrated knitting time, I feel I'm well on the road to recovery.  I still have a lot of catching up to do, but at least my knitting is in order.  A new pair of socks on the needles is an easy way to lift my spirits.


After considering a couple of patterns, I settled on Luxor.  Round after round of knit and purl combinations - just enough to keep me entertained without being too taxing.  I admit this doesn't look like much.

But with a little help the fabric is transformed into this.


Lovely split diamonds loaded with texture.  The only danger is not being able to put these down to tackle some of the other work that needs my attention.

I always feel virtuous when my computer time is put to good use.  Not too long ago I got sucked into some of the knitting videos over on Lucy Neatby's YouTube channel.   If you need a little break from the daily grind or have a knitting problem, be sure to check them out.

No comments: