Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rambling Wednesday

I'm having one of those weeks where time is getting away from me. When I woke up this morning, I was convinced it was the weekend. It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but there is work to be done and I don't know how I could have casually wiped three days off my calendar.  While I have an extra dose of coffee and get this day back on track, I have a few random tidbits to share for . . . 

THIS AND THAT

~ If you haven't already discovered it, let me introduce you to Stitch Maps.  JC Briar has taken knitting charts to a new level with graphic displays of knitted fabric outside the constraints of the traditional chart grid.  Wow.  Stitch Maps makes it easier to visualize how a stitch pattern will look when it's worked - the ebb and flow of knitted fabric. There are different options available for viewing stitch patterns plus subscription benefits - all kinds of potential fun.  If I go missing for any length of time, I'll probably be over at Stitch Maps.

~ The other day my brother and I were reminiscing about the good old days when we actually looked forward to retrieving the mail.  There was the hope and anticipation of a letter or a postcard - news from family and friends.  Just by chance I stumbled across Postcrossing. Send a postcard and receive a postcard in return - a modern day way of generating fun mail amidst all the junk and bills.  Sign me up.  I can't wait to get my first postcard in the mail.

~ If you need a shot of color to brighten your day, check out the color patterns at these flower farms.  Amazing.

A few weeks ago my daughter, Luz, rescued a tiny, malnourished kitten. She diligently bottle-fed him, and now he's an energetic, bouncing bundle of fur.



Luz is very generous.  A couple of times a week she shares her kitty and brings him over to spend the day.  Crazy cute.

2 comments:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Sweet little kitty! That little guy is going to be forever bonded to your daughter.

Thanks for the Postcrossing link - my kids have been collecting postcards from our travels, and it would be so amazing to get and send them from all over the world.

Stephanie/Dirty Water DyeWorks said...

When my kids were younger, we participated in a Flat Stanley project - another fun, mail-related activity.