Friday, June 21, 2013

Sign Of Four

Happy summer solstice!  Today is the first day of summer, and I'm celebrating with a new pair of socks.


Sign of Four.

This is another well-written design from Anne Hanson.  The stitch pattern is interesting to work and creates a fabric that is soft, squishy and elastic.  Oh, so comfy.

The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Lillian, colorway Cupid.




This colorway is currently unavailable, but maybe it will make a return appearance at some point.  Lillian continues to be one of my favorites for socks.  It's hard not to like this bouncy 100% Superwash Merino.

This is my first pair for the Summer of Socks, and I'm anxious to get started on the next pair.  Perfect timing for my weekend knitting.

My color inspiration this week is an eye-catching, bright, flowering cactus.



Brilliant orange.

No comments: