Friday, January 9, 2015

Something Finished for a Change

While it seems that all I've been doing is starting new knitting projects, believe it or not I have finished a couple things along the way.


Simple Skyp Socks.  This is a free pattern on Ravelry and is really quite entertaining.  I wanted something a little different than my standard ribbed socks, and this pattern has a nice twist.

I've been struggling with taking pictures in winter light, so I decided to try an outdoor shot too.  Timing is everything, and I got a bonus with this one - fresh, falling snow.


The yarn is Lillian, colorway IPA.  This color is actually a smidge more on the brown side, but you get the idea.  I have plenty of sock knitting in the immediate future, so it's good to get this pair off the needles and on my feet.

Blood oranges are in season, and I've been enjoying them while they're available.  Every year I marvel at their rich, intense color, so it's no surprise they are my color inspiration this week.


Red to orange and in-between. 

No comments: