Friday, January 16, 2015

It's All in the Details

The past couple days I've been pulling everything together for Knitting Weekend.  I loaded the truck yesterday and am driving down later this morning to set up my booth.  Last night just when I was getting ready to call it a day, I realized I'd forgotten one little thing - bags.  Shoppers need bags.  To be fair, many shoppers bring their own bags, but I have to be prepared for those who don't.

When it comes to bags, I keep it simple with kraft paper bags, but I do like to dress them up a bit.


I've decorated these utilitarian bags in different ways, but my current favorite is a little bit of curling ribbon.  Instead of knitting last night, I was cutting and curling.

Here's a little fun as we head into the weekend - Knit In Public Bingo. I'm always knitting in public.  It's a great conversation starter, but I have heard some wacky comments.  Now I know I'm not the only one.

Onions.  It's nearly impossible to make soup without onions.  The other day I decided to make soup, but I was out of onions.  I hate grocery shopping even if it's for just one item, but the soup needed onions, so I made the trip.  To my pleasant surprise I saw these lovelies - my color inspiration for the week.


A bright splash on a gray winter day.

No comments: