Friday, January 23, 2015

Honey Bunches

I'm wrapping up the week on a positive note with another finished project.


Honey Bunches.

I've wanted this project to be finished for a while now.  Not that I didn't enjoy knitting it, but I wanted to wear it.  And I didn't waste any time.  I wore it last night and enjoyed every minute of it.


This shawl was fun to knit - garter stitch broken up with lace sections. Just the right mix - not completely mindless, not so involved that I couldn't talk and knit at the same time.

The crescent shape makes for easy wearing and stays in place without too much fuss.  


This project was the Yarn Knot installment for August.  The yarn is a 4-ply Superwash Merino . . . soft, squishy and bouncy.   This is a base that I've wanted to experiment with, and Yarn Knot is a good testing ground.  The colorway is a YK exclusive for the time being, but it might make another appearance down the road.

I look at this piece of yard art regularly, and I'm still not sure what I think of it.  A reptile of this size seems oddly out of place in New England, but I must say the color has grown on me - a mix of brown and orange.  My color inspiration for this week . . . 


Weathered metal.

No comments: