Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Snow Days

A blizzard moved through the area, and I feel like time has been suspended.  Life and schedules have been turned upside down, and I'm struggling to remember what day of the week it is.  It feels like maybe it should be Monday, but I know Monday was consumed with all kinds of mad storm prep so that can't be right.  Today is another day of cancellations, but I keep reminding myself that it's Wednesday.  Maybe by the end of the day I'll have it all sorted out.

I love a good snowstorm, and this one lived up to all the hype. 


This is what greeted me at the side door.  Before the storm was even finished, we had to dig our way out so puppy Benji could take care of business.

The Blizzard of 2015 by day.


And by night.




Snow day selfie.


My daughters hard at work.  They were supposed to be shoveling, but I think they spent more time on their phones than with the shovels.

A good storm always includes quality knitting time.


Fishbone Gansey Sock.  This is the January installment of Yarn Knot Socks.  I got sucked into the gansey rounds and couldn't stop.  Just one more round, just one more round . . . 

I think I'll make the leg a little bit longer . . . after I do some shoveling.

No comments: