Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Glimmer of Hope

It's time to close out another year, and I've been busy trying to get everything in order.  The other day I had to admit to myself that I can't get it all done before the clock strikes midnight tonight.  There will be lingering paperwork, an unfilled order or two . . . plenty of work for starting the new year.

I did make some progress in creating order out of chaos.  Take my work table.  Between a couple late season shows and the holidays, this table became a dumping ground.


Before.


After.  There's nothing like a clean work surface to greet the new year.

I'm more than happy to bid 2014 adieu.  This has been a challenging year on so many levels.  I don't want to tempt fate, but surely it can't get any worse.  There have been some positive nuggets along the way, and I'll cling to those going into the new year.

I have a wide array of knitting projects in progress, but for today I'm working on one that has a little twinkle.


It's hard to see in the picture, but this yarn has a silvery shimmer - a festive yarn.  Tonight as I toast the new year, I will say goodbye to a dark 2014 and will look ahead to 2015 and a year full of promise.

Happy New Year, Everyone!  May the days ahead be bright.

No comments: