Friday, December 19, 2014

First Snowfall

I wish I had finished holiday gifts for show and tell.  A quick moving bug knocked me out of commission for a good 24 hours and took with it any energy I had for knitting.  Today I'm back on my feet - which is a good thing since I'm vending tomorrow.  If you're in the Boston area, you really don't want to miss the Holiday Market hosted by the lovely folks at gather here.  This event features a collection of vendors with a wide array of goods.  Get out and support your local makers.

I do have one finished project to share - something just for me.


First Snowfall.


Once again I don't have a model.  It's hard to find help this time of year.


This was a quick hat - substantial ribbing followed with a little colorwork.  The ribbing folds up to make this hat extra warm and cozy. Easy-peasy.  If you're in the market for a quick holiday gift, this just might be the ticket.

The yarn is Petite Clara, colorways Acorn and Chartreuse.  The blue is Edna Tide Pool and in real life is a bit darker than what you see in these pictures. 


The colorwork requires very little yardage and is a great way to use up odds and ends.  Yes, that's our Christmas tree.  It's still outside leaning against the shed.  I think it's time to call in reinforcements for holiday preparations.

Packages tied up with string ribbon . . . this week's color inspiration. 


A little bit of everything.

No comments: