Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Off and On

Off the needles.


Newfoundland Mitts.  Check it out.  It's a free pattern.

I had visions of an outdoor photo shoot for these mittens, but Mother Nature is keeping us in the gray with an impressive Nor'easter.  Wet and windy conditions have forced me to keep it indoors.

I'm smitten with this pattern.  Worsted weight yarn makes this a relatively quick project.  The opportunity for different color combinations makes for all kinds of fun.  Slipped stitches make an impressive colorwork display.


The gray yarn is leftovers I had dyed for Thrummed Mitten Kits - a basic Merino.  It's paired with Sweet Potato - an Alpaca / Merino / Silk blend that I use for the X-Mitts Kit.

On the needles.


Another pair of Newfound Mitts.  This storm was a reminder that winter is here, and it's just getting started. 

No comments: