Monday, December 29, 2014

State of Confusion

The holiday schedule has turned my internal calendar upside down. For the past few days, I've been guessing and second-guessing the day of the week, and I've been wrong with almost every try.

This morning I lingered in bed past my usual wake up time only to startle myself back to reality.  Yes, it truly is Monday, and that means it's time to get back to work.  It's hard to make that shift because certainly the confusion will be back in full force later this week, but for now I'm embracing Monday because I have a lot of work to do.

If you take a peek at the right column, you'll see I've updated my 2015 events list.  I've posted only the first couple events - there will be more to come.  Knitting Weekend has the distinction of being the first event of the year, and it's coming at me in a few short weeks.  No more lingering in bed, that's for sure.

All of this means I had no business doing this.


No matter which direction I turn, I have a project staring me in the face, and yet I had to wind yarn for another one.  It's just a pair of socks, I reasoned with myself, and a simple pair of socks at that.  I'm sure I'll find a way to squeeze in a few rounds here and there.

For now, it's time to get back to work.  The first item for today is research, and it involves Ravelry.  Not a bad way to start the work week.

No comments: