Monday, December 15, 2014

Color and Spice

In our household December holiday fun is compounded with a couple birthday celebrations. Last week was Estrella's birthday, and she opted for the extended plan.  The youngest always take extra liberties. Estrella's celebration lasted all week and into the weekend.  Yesterday we wrapped it up with a family meal.

This year's birthday cake was cheesecake.


Chocolate cheesecake.  The only pictures I got of the birthday girl were silly ones, so this solo cake shot will have to do.  

It was my first go-round with this recipe, and it was delicious, if I do say so myself.  The best part?  It wasn't overly fussy.  We topped our slices with raspberry sauce and whipped cream, but there are plenty of other options.  Or you can even eat it as is.  If you need dessert for a holiday party, you might want to give this cheesecake a whirl.

I have just enough time to recover from this birthday before doing it all over again later this week for my son.  I wonder what his cake request will be.

In the midst of the extended birthday celebration, I managed to squeeze in some knitting time.


I'm still on my hat jag, and this is the current one.  First Snowfall.  I finished 7 inches of ribbing.  Not that ribbing isn't fun . . . it's just not very interesting.  Now that I'm spicing it up with different colors, things are definitely getting interesting.

No comments: