Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Cicada Shawl

I'm often finishing projects at the last minute, and one of these times I know I'm going to run out of minutes.  Shows are my most pressing deadlines, and there's nothing like a deadline to motivate me to finish a project.  Last Thursday evening, the night before I left for Fiber Frolic, I decided I had just enough time to block another booth sample.


Cicada Shawl.  

This is an interesting pattern with left and right crosses moving across the body of the shawl.  


There's a certain rhythm to knitting the crossed stitches, and they add both texture and visual contrast.

The border is full of twists and turns that can only be fully appreciated when the shawl is blocked.  I'm delighted with the outcome.


The yarn is Julia, colorway Silver.  This blend of Merino and Tencel has nice drape with a bit of shimmer.

The spring show season is over, but I'm still on the road.  This coming Saturday I'll be Eneri Knits from 11:00 - 3:00 for a trunk show.  If you're in the area, stop by.

And now I'm off to knit . . . without a deadline.

No comments: