Monday, June 2, 2014

Crystal

Long winters can lead to crazy notions.  At some point in late winter, I had the bright idea it would be fun to bring a new yarn base on board. I had a few ideas in mind, so I did a bit of testing and settled on one. By that I mean, I settled on one for the time being.  I rarely meet a yarn I don't like, so I'm sure one or two of the other candidates will make an appearance down the road.

I did some quick work and rolled out a new yarn at Knitting Lab, and just the other day I added it to the website.  Crystal is a fingering weight blend of Superwash Merino, Yak and Silk.  This yarn produces vibrant colors with all sorts of luster and shimmer.  It really is a treat.

Since my spring schedule was crazy, I delegated the last-minute sample knitting to a friend.  She was happy to oblige, and I owe her. In fact, I'm not sure what I owe her.  We still haven't worked out the details.  

Now that I've had time to catch my breath, I think it's my turn to knit something with Crystal.



I'm considering my color options.  The problem is I want them all.

Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway last week. Anne F is the winner this time around.  Be sure to check back as I'll be doing another giveaway later this month.

No comments: