Monday, June 23, 2014

Daylight and Knitting

The longer daylight hours this time of year can be deceptive.  The days are still 24 hours long, but somehow the additional light during those 24 hours makes it seem like I have more time.  Or at least like I should have more time.  But of course I don't.

My weekend started out with plenty of knitting time penciled in, but then things went awry.  There was the long distance call from a friend traveling in Switzerland.  Before she left, she forgot to take care of a couple things at her house.  Could I stop by?  But of course. Teenagers with changes in plans that required extra driving?  I never say no.  

But at the thought of grocery shopping, I put my foot down.  There's nothing I hate more than grocery shopping unless it's cleaning the bathroom. Instead, we foraged through the fridge over the weekend.  It needed to be cleaned out anyway.  


And that foraging led to a rhubarb blueberry pie, so it was worth it in the long run.  This morning that pie has breakfast written all over it.

And in the midst of all the driving and the pie baking, I found time for some knitting.  It wasn't the uninterrupted knitting time I had planned on, but it was productive.


Itineris.  More stripes, more daylight and pie.

1 comment:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I do the same thing with more daylight - and it's really bad here in Minnesota, where it doesn't get truly dark until after 9:30 or so.