Friday, January 25, 2013

Time For One More

One more booth sample, that is.  This idea has been brewing for a while, and I finally acted on it.


X-Mitts.  You may remember that I knit this mitt in the fall out of a 100% Merino yarn.

I had the idea of also offering it in another base that I feature at shows - an Alpaca / Merino / Silk blend.


Earlier this week as I headed out to knit night, I grabbed all the necessary supplies.  By the end of the evening the mitt was almost finished - all except the thumb.  The next day I added the thumb, and it was ready for wear.

I must say I love mitts made with this blend - warm and cozy with a bit of luxury.


This mitt won't have to wait long to make an appearance.  Tomorrow it will travel with me down to Knitting Weekend at Slater Mill.  

Mother Nature served up frigid temperatures this week.  I'm invigorated by the cold, but I know for many it's challenging.  My color inspiration this week reflects the thermometer.


Frosty polka dots.

No comments: