Friday, January 18, 2013

Busy With Brioche

A while ago a friend offered to knit a booth sample.  I'm always changing the booth samples, so I asked her what she was in the mood to knit.  She said she was in a brioche mood.  Lovely.  Something new, interesting and inspiring.


Rodekool.

Brioche knitting creates a two-sided fabric and can be a fun way to play with color combinations.


The fabric is reversible with opposite colors.

Rodekool has a clever little option.


A built-in slit for tucking the end of the scarf.

The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Edna, colorways Dijon and Moon Shadow.


I've been dyeing various colors and will have them available in scarf quantities at upcoming events - so many options for color combinations.

This time of year I find myself craving vibrant colors.  I didn't have to look further than my dining room table for this week's color inspiration.


Red and green with a splash of yellow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Pat's here said...

I know what yarn I'll be buying at the Slater Mill knitting weekend! This project is fabulous!1