Wednesday, October 31, 2012

X-Mitts

Knitting time has been at a premium here.  It didn't help that knit night was cancelled last night.  I was so looking forward to a date with my needles and friends.

With the little time I've had, I did manage to wrap up this quick project.


X-Mitts.

On a whim I decided to give this pattern a try.


X-Mitts includes instructions for both fingering and worsted weights.  I knit the worsted weight version.  Just as I suspected, it was fast and fun.  The tuck stitches used to create the Xs provide texture and keep things interesting.  With the holidays just around the corner, I'm thinking this might be a good project for gift giving.

This mitt is destined to be a booth sample, but I've already decided I must have a pair for myself.


Since I'm going to offer this little project in the booth, I dyed several different colorways. 

These colors and more will be available this weekend at Fiber Festival of New England.


My biggest dilemma right now is deciding which color to make for myself.

1 comment:

17th stitch said...

Ooooh! Love the X-Mitts and I've added them to my queue. Hope the fiber festival goes well.