Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Waiting Game

I've been working on Grayling, among other things.  I've separated the sleeve stitches and set them aside.  Now that the rows are 100 stitches shorter, they seem to be zipping right along.

I have a plan to modify this pattern with a button.  Grayling is an open cardigan with overlap, so it can be closed with a pin or other closure.  I thought it would be handy to have a button.

I've been thinking a lot about this button.  Usually I make a sweater and pick out the buttons after it's finished.  For some reason this time the unknown button is nagging me.


So I went through my button box in search of the perfect match only to determine that I don't have the right button in stock.  But the effort wasn't a complete waste.  I was able to narrow down the size of the button, and that information will be helpful when I make the buttonhole in just a few rows. 

I'm resisting the urge to scrap my plans for the day and go on a button buying expedition.  If I'm successful at the first stop, it would only take the morning.  No, instead I have a long list of dyeing and winding on deck for today.  I'll have to save the fun of a button search for another day.  I'm sure the perfect button is out there . . . just waiting to be discovered.

No comments: