Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Comfort Zone

I've been feeling lost without a sock on the needles.  I've missed having a small, portable project to be my on-the-go companion, so yesterday I vowed to remedy the situation. 


I considered which color to use.  I have a lot of options available. I'm knitting this pair of socks for me, and as I pondered colors I had to admit that usually I stay within my comfort zone.  For this pair of socks I set a personal challenge to choose a color that was outside my normal range of colors.


I narrowed down the choices.




Lucia Berry Patch.


Or this.




Lucia Mustard Seed.


And the winner is Berry Patch.




I have never been one for pink.  Don't get me wrong.  I think it's a pretty, cheerful color, but it's something I never, ever choose for myself.  The balance to all of this is that I have a pink-loving daughter who more than compensates for my pink deficiency.  I'm sure she'll want to claim these socks as her own, but part of the challenge is that the socks have to be for me.


Thanks to everyone who's entered the Change Of Seasons Contest. The contest is still open.  Leave a comment and enter to win.

No comments: