Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting Organized

I'm busy getting organized, taking care of behind-the-scenes work for my next round of shows.  When I'm in the thick of it later this spring, all the time spent on planning will pay off.  But right now I feel like I'm chained to my computer and my phone - leaving messages, waiting for replies, coordinating schedules, planning new samples.  And all the while thinking about how much dyeing and knitting I'm not getting done. 


The dye pots are calling - new colors to try, inventory colors to re-stock.  



And special orders to fill.


I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I've earned a long sit and knit session.


I leave you to consider the story of the world's largest woolen blanket - 20,000 knitted squares, 2 years in the making, all for a good cause. Inspiring.

2 comments:

Karen said...

My word, what a blue that is! Just smashing - you have quite a talent.

I had an e-mail from the Providence Knitting Examiner; apparently Wendy Johnson has a fund raising shawl pattern out there that is having some success:


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/japanese-garden-shawl


Perhaps I should have waited.

Jill L said...

I have a Jubilee Cowl OTN and Rocky Butte socks!