Friday, June 26, 2015

The Scarf Warning

When new knitters talk about knitting a scarf for a first project, I always caution them.  Scarves can be appealing because they're straight, flat and don't have to fit, but they can also be tedious, boring and long.

I've tested out my warning, and it still holds true.


I'm working from left to right in this picture, and as you can see I still have a ways to go.  

I've been working on the scarf here and there and thought I was making good progress.  I even did a quick measure while holding it in my lap - just to get a rough estimate - and was convinced I was much closer to the other end.  By that "measurement" I was just a few rows short of the final garter section.  Obviously that's not the case.  This is a perfect example of why you should always spread things flat and then measure.

It's a good thing I sorted this out before I left the house.  I'm out and about most of the day, and this scarf is going with me.  

This week's color inspiration is courtesy of my neighbor.  He's always puttering around in his yard . . . everything is neat, tidy and colorful.


A little burst of sunshine.

No comments: