Monday, June 22, 2015

Picking up Where I Left Off

I went into the weekend with a master plan to get things done.  It was the first weekend in over a month that I wasn't traveling or getting ready to travel, and I was looking forward to making headway on various projects.  At the top of the list:  a bit of spring cleaning (trying to get in under the Solstice wire), assembling a file cabinet, plotting out some long range plans, winding and dyeing yarn.  It was a full list but manageable over the course of a weekend.

As so often happens, my plans went awry.  My daughter needed help with a "quick" trip to pick up a used treadmill.  Since I have a truck, I was the logical choice for this expedition.  I don't mind helping but to label this adventure as quick was definitely misleading.  Over three hours later, after disassembling part of the treadmill and a doorway, three strong women with the supervision of a spry, 80-year-old grandmother loaded that treadmill into the truck.  Mission accomplished.

At this point I felt I could still recover the lost time and make my weekend goals, but a good friend from the other side of the country was in town.  A cup of coffee at the house led to going out for breakfast.  Before I knew it, the day was winding down.  Time well spent with a dear friend.

Monday morning dawned, and this was staring me in the face.


Drawers and Strathcona.  The body of the file cabinet is finished, but it's useless without the drawers.  I'm knitting this scarf for a friend, and I've already had a phone call this morning with a gentle reminder that the project is coming up on deadline.  Monday, here we go.

No comments: