Friday, November 14, 2014

Playing It Safe

As soon as I finished the Algonquin Hat, I started my search for a new project.  I had a vague notion of some mitts to go with the hat.


I have enough leftovers, but the exact details eluded me.  I puttered around, looked at a few patterns and got distracted.

I'm getting ready to hit the road and that means I need a traveling project.  It also means I don't have a lot of time to dither.  I need a new project on my needles now.


In the interest of time, I decided to make another hat.  A hat project is almost always a sure bet - small and manageable without a big time commitment.  It seems I never have enough hats, and the mention of snow in the weather forecast was enough to persuade me.  Eventually I'll come back to those mitts, but for now I'm content to travel with a hat.

The fall colors are rapidly fading, but every once in a while I still spot a bright flash.  My color inspiration this week is all the more noticeable because of the backdrop.

Savoring the red.

No comments: