Friday, November 21, 2014

Getting Reacquainted

This morning I had to stop myself from being sucked into the abyss of Ravelry.  I swear I went to look at ONE pattern.  Just one.  Temptation was all around, but I needed more coffee, and that's the only thing that saved me.  I regained my focus and composure while pouring coffee, came back to my desk and closed the window that was tempting me with all sorts of woolly wonderfulness.  

I'm flirting with a case of startitis.  This often happens after a long show season and many miles of travel.  I'm holding strong . . . for the moment.


I've added to my pile of remnants.  I rather like the combination, but I haven't found the right project.  In fact that was the excuse for my quick trip to Ravelry this morning.  This project needs to simmer a while longer.

What I really want to start is a new sweater, but the biggest hurdle is I can't find my US 8 needles.  I have several needles in this size, but I can't find my favorite ones.  If I'm going to be spending enough time with needles to make a sweater, I should be using my favorite pair.  

To make matters worse I was using the missing needles earlier this month.  I've tried to recall where I last used them.  I've had terrible thoughts of leaving them behind in some nondescript hotel room.  In reality they're probably in one of my bags.  The only solution right now is for me to dump, sift and sort the contents of all my bags.

Today I have back-to-back meetings, and all of it is prime knitting time.  Since I can't start my yet-to-be-determined remnant project and my new sweater is on hold, I'm going to reacquaint myself with this project.


It's a lovely shawl, and I was thoroughly enjoying it when I put it down. It's been weeks since I stepped away from it, so it might take me a while to get back in the groove.  That's always my biggest hurdle with dormant projects.  Maybe while I work on this, my other projects and needles will somehow come together.

This week's color inspiration is fresh from a bakery. 


Picture perfect, shiny and bright.

No comments: