Wednesday, July 30, 2014

More Socks

I've been knitting away on my Captain Hastings Socks, and I'm enjoying the outcome.  The traveling rib creates a swirl of stitches down the leg toward the toe.  My only issue is the counting.  I don't know what it is about this pattern, but I'm always second-guessing myself and the numbers.  That only leads to counting and recounting the stitches.  I don't mind patterns that require diligent counting, but it's not a positive attribute in a project designated as on-the-go knitting.

Since I'm on the move so much these days, I reassessed the situation.  I've supplemented my out and about knitting with - you guessed it - another sock project.


Simple Skyp Socks.  I need a design that doesn't require much thought, and the pattern says simple.  I hope it lives up to its name.

No comments: