Wednesday, May 28, 2014

News Notes

Shop News.  I've just opened sign-ups for another year of Yarn Knot. Four packages of yarn delivered right to your door over the course of a year.  

There's an element of surprise because you don't know what you're getting until the package arrives.  That's the fun part for you.  I get to experiment with different fiber blends that I don't normally offer.  That's the fun part for me.  All colorways are exclusive.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Knitting News.  The cool, damp weather from Monday has lingered into today.  In fact the temps today might be even lower than they were earlier in the week.  All this means that I'm mighty tempted to haul out a couple of those freshly washed, just-packed-away woollens. I'm holding out . . . for the moment.

Instead I'm turning my attention to sock production.  Since I mentioned it in my last blog post, I now feel committed to Summer of Socks, Round 2.  To get this train rolling, I started to think of new pattern and color options.  Then I remembered my sock already under construction.


This one needs just a few more rounds and then a toe.  Yes, this is the first sock, but I rarely suffer from second sock syndrome.  In fact for me the second one seems to knit up quicker than the first.  This project is going to get me through this gray, wet day in May.

No comments: