Friday, August 2, 2013

No Favorites

When I'm out and about at shows and events, people will look at the array of colors in my booth and ask what my favorite color is.  To be honest I don't have a favorite color.  I treat my colors the way parents treat their children.  Most often parents try to be fair across the board without favoritism.  I try to treat the colors the same way - they all get equal billing.  I learned a long time ago that even the most off the beaten path colorway will be appreciated by someone.

Probably one of the most underrepresented colors is yellow.  I know generally yellow doesn't sell as well as many of the others, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be available.  The other day I took a break from the dye schedule and was tinkering with some yellow combinations. 


These yellow ideas had been simmering for a while, so it was fun to put the wheels in motion.  At the end of the day I had settled on this one - a warm, mellow shade.  Maybe it will travel with me this fall.

And since I'm on the subject of yellow, I had to include it in my color inspiration for the week.


Cheerful.

2 comments:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Yellow is a tough one. I think it's a color that a lot of people don't think they can wear. I have been seeing it paired with greys a lot recently, so maybe yellow will have it's day!
Pink is another tough color.

Stephanie/Dirty Water DyeWorks said...

I'm in love with gray and yellow color combinations - one of my current favorites.