Friday, August 16, 2013

Getaway

I haven't had much downtime this summer, let alone vacation time. My kids have been doing all the traveling, and I've had to live through their adventures.  My solution in situations like this is to take getaway time - a day off here and there whenever I can squeeze it into the schedule. 

Yesterday I had a small window of opportunity for escape - not the whole day, just a few hours.  I put in some concentrated work in the early morning, and then I was off.  After loading up the truck with food and drink, we were on our way to the beach.  On my way out the door, I grabbed a new knitting project that was ready and waiting.

We had a lovely afternoon hanging out, chatting, laughing, eating. With teenagers there is always eating.  Life with temperamental teens can be trying, but yesterday renewed my sense of hope in the whole growing up process.

The breeze was a bit stiff at times and the water temp was brisk, but that didn't bother me.  I had time to knit a few rounds.


Woodstacking Cowl in Oma's Organic, Byzantium.  This cowl is an effortless project . . . perfect for a day at the beach or any getaway day.

I found this week's color inspiration hidden in the grass, not far from the beach.  Shades of blue and gray with stripes for a bonus.


Shattered shell.

No comments: