Monday, August 26, 2013

Massey Wrap

One of my weekend goals was to pick a lingering knitting project and set it free.  I chose my target and assessed the situation.  I looked at what had been knit and consulted the pattern.  There wasn't that much left to knit.  I could finish this up and maybe tackle another project before Monday rolled around.

I did finish but not with much weekend time left to spare.  I blame it all on a couple of time-consuming interruptions and a math mistake. Apparently my calculations were off, and a 24-row repeat didn't yield the number of inches I thought it did.  Never mind.  I didn't let a minor math error get in the way of forward progress.


Massey Wrap.

I'm thrilled with the results.


This design is worked on the bias and creates a cozy, cushy fabric. With lace on one side and textured ribbing on the other, this shawl can be worn on either side.  The I-cord edges are knit-as-you-go and make a nice finished edge.

Massey is a substantial shawl, but the pattern can easily be adapted to make it smaller.


The yarn is Dirty Water DyeWorks Lucia, colorway Lupine.



Ready to be packed away for fall travels.

No comments: