Friday, August 23, 2013

Calendar Check

While I've been enjoying the relaxed pace of summer, I realize it's drawing to a close.  To help with the transition from lazy days to fast and furious, I updated my list of fall events.  It's easier to come up with a plan when I can clearly see the train that's headed in my direction.  You can see the complete train wreck list on the right sidebar and on the Events page.

It's shaping up to be a whirlwind fall.  A couple of highlights . . . on September 14 I'll be at KnitWit Yarn in Portland for a yarn tasting.  We had a similar get together in March.  Since we had so much fun, we decided to do a repeat.  Suzie, the shop owner, is friendly, encouraging and enthusiastic.  I'm looking forward to visiting the Portland-area knitters again.

At the end of September, I'll be at KnitEast in New Brunswick, Canada.  This event has a full lineup of interesting classes, and there are still several openings.  It promises to be a stimulating fiber weekend.  If you're within striking distance of New Brunswick, consider taking advantage of this event.  The scenery alone is worth the trip.

Just to clarify . . . yes, I do have two events listed for the last weekend in September.  And yes, I may have taken leave of my senses.  While I'm across the border, I'll have another booth up and running at Vermont Sheep and Wool.  Don't burst my bubble.  I've convinced myself this will be double the fun and not double the work.

And now I'm off to finish what I started yesterday.


I had bonus social knitting time, and this sock went from cuff to heel flap.  Now I feel compelled to turn it and work the foot.  I'll ponder my fall strategy while I knit.

I have the farmers' market to thank for my color inspiration this week. We're in the thick of it now with more and more goodies each and every week.


Plums . . . ready for sauce.

In case you're wondering, it's gingered plum sauce.  It tastes as good as it sounds, and it's easy to make.  Follow the link and scroll down for details.

No comments: