Last spring it became apparent that I needed to do a major overhaul of my office and work space. Winding was inefficient, yarn was getting buried, labels were scattered and the tape dispenser was always missing. I put the task of reorganizing the space on my summer projects list.
Last week, when I realized I was running out of summer, I took the plunge. I cleaned, moved furniture, rearranged and cleaned some more. It was a good exercise in making the most efficient use of space. It reminds me of putting together the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Sometimes you have to try a couple different ways before it all works.
With any project like this, there are always unexpected discoveries along the way. I found a dead mouse behind one large chest. I'm glad it was dead, but even then it gave me a good scare. I found a pair of glasses that had been missing for months. I was sure I had lost them this spring on a trip to Maine. As for one of my favorite earrings that went AWOL, it hasn't surfaced. I still have to clean my desk, so there's hope.
I gathered together many of the sample colors I've worked on over the last few weeks.
Group photo. I'll be using some of these this fall.
I unearthed a tangle.
Several months ago a friend gave me custody of this mess - she knows I'm always up for a good challenge. I had completely forgotten about it until I stumbled across a nondescript bag while I was sifting and sorting. I'm not sure about the blend, but I think silk is involved. This project has taken on new meaning.
And in the sewing department . . .
Holiday fabric and a box of vintage sewing silk. I can't bear to use the thread, but there's enough fabric for a cute project bag. With any luck I'll have enough summer left to do some sewing.
Right now, I'm off to clean my desk and find that missing earring.